This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPLPE5+iM

Started by Elias Lehtinen, July 17, 2017 · 17 Replies · 274 Views

Elias Lehtinen

Hello! Here is my first go with the planche lean and paired mobilty. How am I doing? I really consentrated on protraction and hitting my core. On the mobility I really can feel my glutes fired up. 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Elias,

Great job! Your shape on your planche lean looks awesome. Keep working on leaning a bit deeper before adding more time to your hold. On your iM work on opening the hips more. You can see in your video that your upper leg angles downward slightly between the hips and knees. Work on making this a straight line.

Nice work so far!

Elias Lehtinen

Thanks Jeffrey! I'll work for more lean and send another video. One guestion though, should we press back to front support position after the set time is up? In other words no face planting when the time is up :)

I see what you mean about the mobility.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Great question, Elias. You are welcome to press back out of your planche lean at the end of your set. Doing so will help you to build more strength in preparation for more advanced progressions.

Elias Lehtinen

Hi guys,

Here is an update video on my planche lean. Is there enough depth? To my eyes i'm piking the hips more than in the first video. Im gonna focus more on that in the future.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Awesome job, Elias. It looks good!

Elias Lehtinen

Great to hear! I'm going to add time on the hold then. Thank you Jeffrey.

Elias Lehtinen

Hi guys. Its been a while since my last fc. So here we go 1st and 5th set of 18 sec. How is it? Thanks. 

 

Alessandro Mainente

The Pe alignment is ok,i would reduce the hold around 5-6 seconds while increasing the lean a bit more.

For the IM the red box variation is better, you should focus on curling the spine and reduce the lower back extension.

Elias Lehtinen

Ok will do. Do you mean its better to do the im on a box or table? 

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

No matter if box or table, they are both better than floor.

Elias Lehtinen

@Alessandro Mainente, are these better? Thanks.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Yes they are good, for the IM  still try to reduce the lower back arc. but it is ok.

Elias Lehtinen

I havent done form checks for along time and now is the time to fix that. Starting with this. How does it look? I've been doing 4x24 and this is 5th set. Thanks! 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work, Elias! Try to increase the angle of your lean during your PE. Your goal is to be able to lean until your hands are placed between your hips and your belly button. Keep it up!

Elias Lehtinen

Fc please. Should I get more lean > shortern the hold time or go with this to the 5x30? Thanks. 

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Elias Lehtinen said:

Fc please. Should I get more lean > shortern the hold time or go with this to the 5x30? Thanks. 

Generally, the brain learns what you train so if you train for too many seconds on a reduced lean you are going to experiment with some tendency to avoid new angles into the new lean. The idea is using less lean and build up some strength surplus so that you can step back, increase the lean, and have a minimum of 6-8 seconds o that the new lean can be trained. So, with a reduced lean you can build up to 15''-18'', then step back, find a new lean where you can stay 8-10'' and begin to work with 6'' hold. After almost 7 years coaching i have found that these numbers are fine in order to progress.

Elias Lehtinen

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente for explaining, that makes sense!