This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/SE4 question

Started by Mark Schoenhard, July 16, 2017 · 7 Replies · 212 Views

Mark Schoenhard

Now that I have been able to hold 6-10 second sets I want to do handstands all the time.  I can't do a handstand anytime as it takes about 10 minutes to warm up 47 year old shoulders and wrists.  But I have been practicing handstands on foundation and tumbling days.  Is that okay?  How much is too much?  Thank you.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Mark, personally, before suggesting you a daily practice I would like to see you wall handstand and you free handstand.

Mark Schoenhard

 

 

 

Mark Schoenhard

@Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Mark, I would manage you exactly like all my other client. You seem to have a shoulder flexion limitation that must be fixed. generally, I suggest my clients stop with free handstand because they will need the double or the triple time to correct the handstand once the mobility it is achieved.

Mark Schoenhard
4 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Mark, I would manage you exactly like all my other client. You seem to have a shoulder flexion limitation that must be fixed. generally, I suggest my clients stop with free handstand because they will need the double or the triple time to correct the handstand once the mobility it is achieved.

I'll get to work. Thank you sir.

Jin Liu
On 9/5/2017 at 9:56 AM, Mark Schoenhard said:

I'll get to work. Thank you sir.

Your shoulders are open at 13 sec mark! Remember how it feels and keep it! :)

image.png.788c49da8d499e3b57a5d55206f7f48a.png

 

Mark Schoenhard

I know the feeling and striving to be able to hold. Appreciate the encouragement.