This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE1 Form Check

Started by Sarah Gordon, July 16, 2017 · 11 Replies · 220 Views

Sarah Gordon

Hi there,

I have been working the shoulder shrugs for quite some time & would love some tips on how I can improve. Appriciate for any suggestions you may have.

Love the programme by the way, consistency pays off eventually.

 

Sarah 

Winter Phoenix

Hi Sarah,

 

It is difficult to see everything from this angle. From what I can see your hands are a little narrow try and keep them directly under your shoulders. You are also bending your arms as you go down. If you could shoot them from the side with your whole body in the shot it will help us provide more feedback.

Sarah Gordon

Thanks for the tips @Winter Phoenix. I will shoot another clip shortly after working some more on keeping the arms straight & hands wider. 

Sarah Gordon

Hi @Winter Phoenix, believe it or not I have been working on these diligently every alternate workout. So over two weeks I would perform shoulder shrug sets 3 times I have just stepped up to doing core, upper & lower body for every workout. I can see I am still bending my elbows. I am not seeing a lot of improvement for the amount of time. Can you make any suggestions how I can change my technique or add supplementary exercises to help ?

 

 

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Sarah Gordon,

The depth/rom of your shrugs look good. Try to widen your hands apart and from there make sure you look your elbows. Once you improve your strength then go back to as shoulder width hands apart. Just make sure you are consistent with your schedule. For the mobility, try to make it a bit slower and pause on the bottom of each rep to really open up those hips. I hope this helps.

Sarah Gordon

Hi Leo, OK thanks. I will keep working. Sarah

Petra Dvorak

the range of movement of your scapulae looks good!
a tip to lock those elbows: rotate your upper arm outwards (not your hands), so your elbow pits do not only face each other but are pointing forwards.

Tom Durham
1 hour ago, Petra Dvorak said:

the range of movement of your scapulae looks good!
a tip to lock those elbows: rotate your upper arm outwards (not your hands), so your elbow pits do not only face each other but are pointing forwards.

That’s a great tip Petra, thanks

Sarah Gordon
7 hours ago, Petra Dvorak said:

the range of movement of your scapulae looks good!
a tip to lock those elbows: rotate your upper arm outwards (not your hands), so your elbow pits do not only face each other but are pointing forwards.

Hey, thanks Petra. I feel like I have been working these forever but I am still bending at the elbow. I will try the upper arm rotation you suggest. 

Sarah Gordon

Hi, progress update for shoulder shrugs. How am I doing?

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi Sarah,

Your shrugs look good. Just avoid bending your elbows.

Sarah Gordon

Errrgghh, my elbows are my nemesis......I will keep trying to stop them from bending. Thanks Leo!