This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE11

Started by Gregory Sand, July 14, 2017 · 4 Replies · 103 Views

Gregory Sand

Hi gang, looking for a form check & suggestions to better get through PE11.  Been stuck here for a little while.  Getting the full 60s for all sets has been tough (super close though) so I don't feel as though I'm at "mastery" yet.  Looking for feedback on the video below (last set).

I feel like my shoulder flexion could be a little better in the video.  As a note, however, that shoulder (right side) has basically had a total cuff reconstruction with a bicep tenodesis 5 years ago. I'm not sure if that could affect my end range flexion.  Although as I'm playing with my positioning (pics below) I don't necessarily feel like flexion is an issue here, so maybe that's not the issue. (?)

Any suggestions to better get through PE11 would be appreciated. I've been stepping back in progressions and playing with forward progression as supplemental training.  Also considering throwing in 1-2 max time holds throughout the day to increase muscular endurance inverted.  Thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance  

 

IMG_2489.thumb.JPG.caef1c0337e92a1a1b373bb444cee597.JPG

Suzanna McGee

I am not a coach, but just for your entertainment, look at your video at say 3 seconds (beginning) and then immediately click on 56 seconds (end). You see how your body drops, quite a lot. You stop pushing to the ground. When you click 3 and 56 and 3 seconds again, it is kind of cool to see how big the difference is. 

Gregory Sand

Coaches, got any thoughts before I get back to the wall tomorrow??

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

1. Considering the shoulder surgery you had. So that your rotator cuff muscle strength continues to develop, keep doing supplementary sets of handstand wall runs. Coach Sommer had his gymnasts doing handstand wall runs for up to ten minutes.

2. In regards to the scapula elevation muscle strength and endurance, just keep at it. Your tendon development is where you will gain more applicable muscle strength and contraction endurance.

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Gregory,

Good catch by Suzanna. I recommend taking a few steps back. Find the point where you are able to push tall throughout the set and work from there. You can also see that as you get tired your ribs start to come out resulting in a small arch in your back. Keep your stomach engaged to keep the ribs from flaring out.

Can you also submit a front view?