Iron cross question

Started by Rampage, March 7, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,958 Views

Rampage

I haven't read much about how to actually attain the Iron cross, but is it similar to the planche and fron lever progressions? I mean in the way that, you start at the most closed or constricted position (planche and FL is a little ball), and then you just start to "open up"? Can the IC be obtained by simply training holding it as far as you can, for say 60 seconds, and then going from there? Or do you have to do additional exercises and things like that?

braindx

Seriously man at least look at the forum before you post a question.

There are 3 threads on the cross in the rings forum, and this one is located SIX posts down from yours new one.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3119

Rampage
braindx said:
Seriously man at least look at the forum before you post a question.

There are 3 threads on the cross in the rings forum, and this one is located SIX posts down from yours new one.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3119

I had already read that article, contrary to what you might think, and I read it again when you made this post, and I didn't see anywhere the answer to what I had asked. Your article suggested 4 exercises and none of those were what I asked.

Again, since I don't know about this, I had asked if it could be one way to obtain it if you just simply got on the rings and trained holds as far as you could go.

Unless I'm mistaken and you did answer what I asked in that article, then please show me where you said it, but if not you're the one who should read before you answer like that.

Nick Van Bockxmeer

yes you will be able to obtain an iron cross eventually if you work from a support position. this will probably not be the most effective way.

Ryan Hutchins

that would take a LOT of time as opposed to a logical more scheduled approach to it. Coach Sommer hasn't given us His progressions :idea: but Steven Lowe has a good article about it. My coach has suggested this method. I simply rejected it as slow and painstaking. My arms would be trashed by the end of a training session. If you do this way could you keep track of it and update us?