This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stall bars

Started by Sam Jarvis, July 13, 2017 · 4 Replies · 163 Views

Sam Jarvis

I was looking at purchasing a wooden stall bar (pine and poplar) that is 7 feet tall.  Will that be tall enough?  I'm about 5' 10" tall.  Also, it has an option for a metal pole to be installed on one side, if wanted.  Is that necessary to have for our program?  Thanks.

Suzanna McGee

I am 6 feet and my stall bars are 7'6"… when I hang with pointed toes I can almost touch the ground… I am suspecting that maybe yours won't be high enough. But you could put a few blocks under to raise them, if your ceilings allow. 

Everett Carroll

Hi Sam, 

I'm with Suzanna; unless you can elevate them, go with a taller set. The dimensions of the rogue stall bars work perfectly for me at 5'11" tall. Also, I recommend metal rungs for safety and longevity. 

Peter DeLuca

I am 5'10" in height.  My stall bars are 7'6" and they work well.  7' foot would not have been high enough for me.

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

My set of stall bars is about 7ft 6in and I am about as tall as Coach Sommer. If I really relax my spinal muscles and let my torso elongate. My toes barely touch the floor also.

Ultimately the height of your stall bars will depend on how tall the wall is.