This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE3>iM

Started by Josh Earl, July 13, 2017 · 6 Replies · 48 Views

Josh Earl

@Jeffrey Bittner I'm trying out the supplemental rotational iMs. 

My spine doesn't rotate!

I'm feeling this very strongly on either side of my spine--maybe spinal erectors. 

Any thoughts on what is limiting my ROM like this?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Josh for sure lats, obliques, abs, lower/middle back muscle and much more. there is a general resistance by the muscles which stabilize the spine.

Josh Earl
6 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Josh for sure lats, obliques, abs, lower/middle back muscle and much more. there is a general resistance by the muscles which stabilize the spine.

So basically everything. :) 

One thing I've noticed over the past 11 months of doing Foundation 1 is that my mid-back is constantly sore, like a mild case of DOMS. (I first noticed this in December or January, but it may have been longer than that.) It's generally in the area of my rhomboids, but it feels more like the spinal erectors themselves are sore. 

When I do these twists, they're hitting the exact spot where I'm feeling this soreness.

Is this cause for concern?

Alessandro Mainente

It can be, do you have the thoracic stretch series?

Josh Earl
5 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

It can be, do you have the thoracic stretch series?

I do, and I was doing it weekly for several months. I'm currently resting my wrist due to a minor tweak, so I haven't done TBS for the last few weeks.

When I do the TBS series, I feel the same restriction/soreness on TBSSE6/7 and TBSSE9. My ROM on the reach-unders is pretty limited.

Alessandro Mainente

I was asking you to add daily work of exactly those exercises!

Josh Earl
3 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

I was asking you to add daily work of exactly those exercises!

I can do that. :)