This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hollow Body Rocks Form Check (FL PE2)

Started by Bryan Tilton, July 12, 2017 · 2 Replies · 47 Views

Bryan Tilton

I'm curious if I can get some feedback on hollow body rocks.  I'm trying not to generate momentum by keeping my hip and knee angles constant, but am looking for an independent look by someone out there to verify.

These feel considerably easier than the static hold, so I'm worried I'm doing them wrong.

Thanks!

Hollow Body Rocks

Tanya Hill

Hi Bryan, 

Thank you for sending over your video. Your shape is nice and I can tell you are doing your best to keep things tight. 

Here are my focus points. 

1. Toes pointed 

2. Squeeze heels and kness together 

3. Try to rock less, you are coming almost up onto your sits bones, try to minimize the rock to only be your lower back. 

4. In this shape, your entire body is engaged and the rock comes from your ABS! ;)

Keep at it Bryan, definitely these can feel a bit easier after you have mastered 5 rounds of 60s static hold! 

 

Bryan Tilton

Great suggestions, thanks Tanya!