This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Plank press form check

Started by Leigh Kettle, July 9, 2017 · 8 Replies · 124 Views

Leigh Kettle

Here is my first attempts at the plank press. Any  feedback greatly appreciated as ever as I've a feeling this isn't mastery just yet :):) .

 

https://youtu.be/TzTydLoKUBU

Pauline Taube

These are looking good, Leigh :) 

Tanya Hill

Hi Leigh, 

Pauline is right definitely looking good. I personally love these and I am working through these at the moment myself. 

I can't fully tell from your camera angle if you are staying protrated in the shoulders as you drive forward back to the plank position. Make sure you put some focus on the shoulders and protract hard as you bring it back to plank. 

I'd also bring the hips down a bit more, squeeze the glutes hard and lock in your plank. Your trunk position is steller. :) 

Leigh Kettle

Thanks Pauline and tanya

yes I did feel when watching back that I should have dropped lower into plank. I will resubmit me doing this later concentrating on this and keeping hard protraction and elevation as I go into flexion

2 hours ago, Tanya Hill said:

Your trunk position is steller. :) 

Thaaaanks :) least this bit right lol 

Leigh Kettle

Hey @Pauline Taube and @Tanya Hill how are these looking now

many thanks 

Leigh

https://youtu.be/E2pPkgjgukk

Pauline Taube

Nice work on bringing your hips lower. These are looking solid. Make sure to protact hard in the plank position. At the top you want to keep your scapula elevated and protracted :) 

Tanya Hill

Improving for sure. Only tip I would give you is your head position. When you come into the L shape, keep your ears by your arms, gaze up as if you were in handstand. 

Keep up the good work @Leigh Kettle

Leigh Kettle

Ok Tanya thank you will do 

thanks again for all your help 

Leigh Kettle

HEy @Tanya Hill 

is this more like it after taking your advice 

https://youtu.be/aUPQyb41khc

hard to see from here but I am protracting hard in plank and elevating hard though the press