This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Vertical Press

Started by Suzanna McGee, July 7, 2017 · 8 Replies · 133 Views

Suzanna McGee

I've been working on these for a while and they do feel easier, however, the booty just doesn't want to get higher… like it has its own mind and will :-) 

I am aware that I am leaning forward (not sure if it is acceptable, or too much), but I've been thinking about how not to lean, and I have relatively long torso, and if I don't lean, then my butt will be far far behind me and the legs not vertical like in that technique video. Any thoughts and tips, please? 

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Suzanna,

Forward lean here is acceptable. Work on protracting and elevating more while allowing yourself to lean further forward. Optimizing your scapular position is going to be the key here. 

Suzanna McGee

Excellent, thank you so much @Everett Carroll! I needed to hear this, so I can figure out the "puzzle" how to get the additional elevation. I will keep working. 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Suzanna, only to clear up my curiosity..what element of H1 are you training now?

Suzanna McGee
4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Suzanna, only to clear up my curiosity..what element of H1 are you training now?

Alessandro, I am on PE8, the wall runs…. 4x18r, maybe soon I go on the next step. I am just trying to make these 18 prettier. 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Suzanna McGee,

Don't worry about it. I started that way too. Listen to the advice of Everett and I also want to add that this will get better as your core gets stronger and as your compression gets better. :)

Alessandro Mainente

I think that the weak point is the anterior delt and the traps. what is your level on planche?

Suzanna McGee
17 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

I think that the weak point is the anterior delt and the traps. what is your level on planche?

Alessandro, that makes sense. My traps were pretty much non-existent 8 months ago… In the planche lean is 4x24s right now. I was doing 4x30s but backed off to 24s last week when you posted that beautiful diagram how to get into the solid planche lean and working entering it that way. It feels good. Not easy, but good. This is the week just before I made it slightly better according to your diagram:  https://youtu.be/4rLqTMFv_BY

 

Suzanna McGee
3 hours ago, Leo Trinidad said:

Don't worry about it. I started that way too. Listen to the advice of Everett and I also want to add that this will get better as your core gets stronger and as your compression gets better. :)

Leo, that's great to hear. I'll just keep working that core and maybe add some extra focus on compression. Thank you for your encouragement, it is a good reminder to remember that you struggled too, and now look at you :)