Hi All,
I have recently purchased the Foundoutions and Fundamentals One programs after becoming fed up with my severe lack of mobility and it's impact on my weight training. I have had quiet a traumatic injury in my right leg and have blown my scaphoid to pieces from my old dirt bike racing career. My problem is that I am in far western Queensland Australia and have almost no reputable mobility PT's in my area so I find it very difficult to diagnose my mobility issues. I am not sure how much of it is due to my injuries and how much can be pinned to the regular kind of mobility problems. I wonder how/if I can overcome my injuries in relation to mobility and if there should be specific areas of focus for me in the Foundations and Fundamentals courses.
FYI I broke my wrist around 8 years ago and my leg about 6 years. My last surgery on my leg was about 4.5 years ago. Old Xray of my leg below which, still to this day has all the hardware in it. Pictures were taken today and show how turned in my right foot is and how the "butterfly" piece of bone still protrudes. Last picture is my right wrist mobility struggle. That's as much pressure as I can put on my wrist and the maximum range of motion. With weight (such as a push up) that level of mobility causes pain and discomfort.
My main problems are ankle mobility in my broken leg. I have been doing Yoga for BJJ's "Yoga for Rocks" program for the last 6 weeks trying to increase my mobility and flexibility and it has been great for my hips but my ankle mobility is still not improving and I don't know how much of it is due to the damage in my right leg. My bench mark is body weight squats facing a wall which I have found impossible.
Problem number two is my right wrist mobility, I find it extremely uncomfortable during simple push ups and after 3 to 5 sets i will pay for it for days afterwards with wrist pain and stiffness.
My goal is to one day be able to do a flawless front squat but at this stage it feels like a pipe dream.
Any suggestions or advice?