This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tripod form and headstand help

Started by Nathaniel McAdoo, July 5, 2017 · 3 Replies · 167 Views

Nathaniel McAdoo

I have started he handstand series, and have been enjoying it. However, I have been having issues with moving on to the second progression. Being in the later stages of the tripod progress, I have begun attempting the second progression. Multiple times. I am almost completely unable to lift my knees off my legs. This lead me to believe there is something wrong with my tripod form. For reference, in this picture I am focusing on engaging my core, long neck/spine, amd palming the ground. Is there something I am missing? Any tips to moving to the second progression?IMG_3143.thumb.PNG.77b2be6dd9e53a9b9e9c47889f2f9986.PNG

Everett Carroll

Hi Nathaniel,

We are happy to help. In these situations, as visual is always very helpful. Can you please send us in a video of your form using YouTube or a similar service? Please set the privacy settings on the video to 'Unlisted'.

Nathaniel McAdoo

A video of my PE2 attempt? Or the current exercise? @Everett Carroll

Everett Carroll

Hey Nathaniel,

Both please, and their associated iM's as well. Looking forward to it.