This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Just getting started, for the 2nd time

Started by Robert Staniforth, July 4, 2017 · 29 Replies · 530 Views

Robert Staniforth

Hello GB community,

Thought I would start a thread for a workout log.  I originally bought F1/HS1 back in August of 2014, started following the program but only for a short period of time.  I let excuses get in the way of continuing with the program and then life got busy and GST fell to the wayside. I focused on a different sport for the next few years and I almost forgot about gymnastic bodies.  Then this May I got an email advertising a product from GB and I was curious if my old account was still active.  After logging in I was pleased to see a completely new format for tracking progress and that I still had access to F1 and HS1.  I started reading through the forum and saw @Adam Porter 's thread on getting started with GST.  This motivated me to start the program again, hopefully with a lot more dedication on my part this time.  I started doing the exercises on June 5th and just added the stretch series to compliment F1 and HS1 in July.  I'm just about to turn 36 and I figure it's never too late to get started, again.

Bobby

Also did an F7 yesterday to start off the week.

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Robert Staniforth,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Do not worry about restarting. I have restarted a lot of times too and believe me it's never too late for anything. My advise to you is to listen to your body, be consistent and you'll be surprised on your progress. We hope to hear more about your progress and experience with the courses. Good luck in training.

Robert Staniforth

Did handstand and front split workouts last night.  My lower body is so tight, front split is very difficult but very necessary.

Tobias Karlsson

Great that you have started again. Looking forward to follow your journey

Robert Staniforth

Handstand and Middle Split Thursday, F6 on Friday.  My calves are killing me from front split on Tuesday.

Darin Phoenix

Those 60 rep calf raises are tough. Looking forward to following your journey.

Robert Staniforth

Yeah, not even getting to 60 reps on all of the calf raises yet.  Did the Thoracic bridge program tonight, it was very tough too.  Back feels great after doing it though, I think I'm really going to like adding the 3 stretch series to my weekly workouts.

Pauline Taube

Keep working on it, Robert! Glad to hear your back is feeling better :) 

Robert Staniforth

F7 Yesterday

Robert Staniforth

Handstand and front split workouts yesterday.

Robert Staniforth

F7 Tonight

Winter Phoenix

Hi Robert, 

How did you find completing F7?

Robert Staniforth

It was pretty tough but good.  On a bunch of the exercises I was failing on the last couple reps of my last set.  I'll be sticking at my current levels for a little while I'm guessing.

Tobias Karlsson

great you keep it up!. Any favorite movement?

Robert Staniforth

I'm liking the J-Curls, feels good on the back.  I also like the rope climb exercises.  How about yourself @Tobias Karlsson

Did F7 and middle splits tonight.

Tobias Karlsson

For me the rope climb andthe planch exercises are the most fun

Robert Staniforth

Handstand and thoracic bridge workouts today. 

Robert Staniforth

F7 today

Tobias Karlsson

Nice work. How is the restart feeling?

Robert Staniforth

The body is feeling pretty good.  This week is a deload week so I've only done 1 F7, I'll try to get some stretching in over the weekend.

Robert Staniforth

All 3 stretch series over the weekend.  Back at foundation and handstand starting tomorrow.

Affan Osman

Three stretch sessions over the weekend? Thats intense! :)

Robert Staniforth

F7 tonight

Robert Staniforth

Handstand and front split tonight

Robert Staniforth

F7 and Middle Split tonight