This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pike fold progress

Started by Leigh Kettle, July 4, 2017 · 30 Replies · 905 Views

Leigh Kettle

 

hey guys

can you please critique my pike fold here

https://youtu.be/vS8YJeuoMYc

I definitely feel is improving since my last post shown below in the picture 

I feel like I should be continuing to compress the quad to belly while keeping my flat back ? Is my lower back ok here ?

The pic shown below as I said  Was my form and progress last time I posted about this 

many thanks

leigh 

 

IMG_3360.PNG

Johan Tideland

Nice improvement man, good job!

Alessandro Mainente

NIce solid work!

Leigh Kettle

Thanks Alex 

Leigh Kettle

Thanks Johan appreciate it :)

Jonas Berglund

Great progress Leigh. Keep it up!

Leigh Kettle

Thanks jonas . Only small but progress nonetheless 

Leigh Kettle

Hey guys stoked to share more progress with you on my pike fold 

loving my now lifelong journey with you 

leigh https://youtu.be/Hgt90r5cdBQ

Jonas Berglund

Boom, looks like you had the "ketchup effect" last few weeks Leigh, or were the progress more gradual? Very Nice and Inspiering regardless.

Leigh Kettle

Ha ha thanks jonas . What's the ketchup effect?! Lol this has all been progress since starting all the stretch series a few months back 

feeling pretty hopeful I can achieve the goals I've set out now as was quite demoralised st the start as I've said on more than one occasion lol 

 

Jonas Berglund

I forgot ripped guys dont eat ketchup Leigh :)

I ment,,, small or micro progress for month after month and then BIG progress over one week to another... 

i dream about this happening one day;)

Leonhard Krahé

I guess the "ketchup effect" refers to the repeatedly failed attempt to get ketchup out of its bottle by knocking on its bottom until all of a sudden there is much more than one was originally wishing for.

Anyway, congratulations on your progress!

 

A little side note; since ketchup is what is called "thixotropic", its viscosity can be greatly reduced by shaking it well for a couple seconds which makes the extraction from the bottle so much easier. I just wish the same principle could be applied to mobility work :wacko:

Suzanna McGee
4 hours ago, Leonhard Krahé said:

A little side note; since ketchup is what is called "thixotropic", its viscosity can be greatly reduced by shaking it well for a couple seconds which makes the extraction from the bottle so much easier. I just wish the same principle could be applied to mobility work :wacko:

 

5 hours ago, Jonas Berglund said:

I forgot ripped guys dont eat ketchup Leigh :)

Ha ha, I didn't know what the ketchup effect is either  :-D (and yes, I don't eat ketchup either… lol)

Thanks for the explanation, Leonard… now, please, figure out for us how to make this "shaking trick" make to work for us in GST  :P

Leigh Kettle

Ha ha thanks guys

after thinking about it I kind of worked out what you meant by this ketchup effect lol 

just a side note im no longer receiving email notifications when my threads are written on  as I did before which is why it's took me so long to reply 

is there an issue you are aware of .

i always make sure to click "notify me of reply" on my threads 

I'm not aware of any changes I've made my end but will double check 

thanks again guys

leigh 

Suzanna McGee
31 minutes ago, Leigh Kettle said:

just a side note im no longer receiving email notifications when my threads are written on  as I did before which is why it's took me so long to reply 

Same for me… I get some emails on some threads, but not on all that I have subscribed to… 

Leigh Kettle

Hey guys

Progress update on this one

well at the start of this programme I could never touch my toes let alone the floor 

buzzing to say now I can put my hands flat on the floor

 Yet more proof if any is needed that this programme works 

https://youtu.be/bpyoLWBJNzE

Pauline Taube

Awesome work, Leigh!

Leigh Kettle

Thanks pauline :)

Étienne Lajeunesse

Good job Leigh!

Leigh Kettle

Thanks etienne :)

Sean Schade

Thanks for posting your progress. Pike is one of the hardest areas for me. It has taken me several months to get to your first picture. However, seeing your progress gives me confidence that in time I WILL get there. The Stretch Series has been a life changer for me. 

Leigh Kettle

Another update for anyone lacking motivation or not believing they can Achieve their goals- this is my current pike fold. When compared with my first post on this thread it’s night and day 

coach mentions if Orench can get flexible anyone can .... well I believe he could never have been more inflexible than me so there is hope for everyone - be consistent and never give up

Hold the vision trust the process

heres to the coming week to continue smashing our goals everyone 

 

 

C21751C5-6347-4978-81A9-D62591F20F6F.jpeg

Suzanna McGee

wow @Leigh Kettle, that is an amazing progress. Thank you for sharing. You are so hardworking and so consistent, it really pays off… Congratulations!!!! 

Leo Trinidad

congratulations @Leigh Kettle :D enjoy the result of your hard work.

Jennifer Marie

I love the progress. Thanks for sharing! Some days I feel like my nose will never near my knees. I know it's a slow progression. I do. But before/after shots are super helpful to keep me in the right mindset.