This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Core exercises

Started by Petra Kmecová, July 4, 2017 · 7 Replies · 180 Views

Petra Kmecová

Hi gb-people,

today I trained my core. How is my form on those exercises? 

Looking forward to your suggestions ... thx in advance.

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work Petra. only one suggestion on the SL PE, try to keep the knees together and try to reach the floor with the hands.

Petra Kmecová
21 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Nice work Petra. only one suggestion on the SL PE, try to keep the knees together and try to reach the floor with the hands.

Thank you very much. On SL/PE1, that is my current maximal range of motion. I will try to gradually lower it bit further.

Petra Kmecová

Hi again,

please, how is my form on core exercises? 

 

thank you.

Petra Kmecová

I'll specify some questions about my form, coz I did not have time last time.

For FL - i work on step 8, 4x60s. On the video is my last set. I tried to do another additional set after shooting video and it felt ok, i held it with same form as you can see on the video. Is this form sufficient for mastery or need some refinements? Can I progress and work on step 9 for week or two?

For SL - is this range of motion to the sides ok? Or shouls i aim to go lower?

For MN - i dont have specific question. This was last round of 4x12r, trained for the first time, so last reps are with a bit compromised form.

Thanks in advance

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Petra,

Nice work! On your tuck hollow body hold I recommend lifting your shoulders slightly higher as you hold in order to press your lower back into the ground even more. Also work on opening the hips slightly so that your feet are hovering just off the ground.

Good job on your tuck ups!

On your russian twist keep working on improving your ROM and keeping the knees together. It might just be because of the angle of the video, but it looks like you are not leaning as much as in your last submission. Can you also upload another video taken from the side?

Petra Kmecová

Thank you @Jeffrey Bittner

i've read your suggestion just before my core workout yesterday, so i tried to implement them.

is this form on fl/pe1 better? I definitely need to scale back a bit, much harder to hold it with legs just off the ground.

And here is sl/pe1 video - side view.

thanks again

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Petra,

Nice adjustment, it looks good! Nice job on your russian twist as well.