This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Programming H1 course with F1 course

Started by Luke Banchy, July 3, 2017 · 2 Replies · 157 Views

Luke Banchy

Hey guys!

Just picked up H1 and I'm super excited to begin! Now comes the task of setting up a decent training schedule between F1 and H1. I know this topic has been done to death. I'm very sorry to add the the pile, but I want to make sure my schedule looks good before I get going. 

I understand the balance between volume-intensity-frequency is completely personal/individual. That being said, there are some general guidelines to follow, such as having at least 1 off day out of every 7, and not training similar muscle groups on adjacent days ect...I have some background in bodybuilding/powerlifting so I'm able to handle a reasonable amount a volume, although I'm certainly an absolute beginner in GST (dear lord that first F1 session was humbling). Common BB and PL splits don't follow a "weekly", or 7 day schedule per se, rather a repeating cycle like legs/push/pull/off repeat. I think I'd like to adopt something similar with GB. I find the 7 day cycle a bit arbitrary.

My proposed schedule:

  • FL/sPL/HBP/RC
  • MN/SL/SLS + H1+ individual compression work (pike/straddle lifts)
  • stretch (don't have courses, but saving up for them)
  • FL/sPL/HBP/RC
  • MN/SL/SLS + H1+ individual compression work (pike/straddle lifts)
  • Off

Given my background, I feel like the above schedule would be a decent amount of frequency for me. That being said, I'm happy to reduce frequency if you guys think it would be advised. My primary goals at the moment are getting a free standing handstand, and achieving an L-sit. 

Any advice is welcome!

Best,

Luke

Tanya Hill

Hi Luke, 

Welcome to the Handstand One course! This course will definitely take you to your goal of a free standing handstand. 

Your schedule is on the right track. Personally I like that you paired core and legs the same day you are doing handstands. 

Make sure you are getting plently of recovery inbetween your training, such as ice baths, sauna and massages. 

Save up to tackle the stretch courses soon as well. ;)

Kenneth Stainback

I started H1 and F1 about a month ago and changed my schedule a few times before settling on the schedule you outlined (I don't have the stretch series yet either). The only difference from what you mention is I begin the routine on Monday and end on Friday... having the weekend to do whatever I want. 

So far, I like it the best, so will try and stick to it for a few months before reevaluating.

Good luck!