This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Lower body exercises

Started by Petra Kmecová, July 3, 2017 · 18 Replies · 276 Views

Petra Kmecová

Hi again,

As I mentiined in my previous topic - restarting to progress with regular formchecks. 

Here is video of my todays lower body workout - additional set. This one did not feel like "workout" at all, coz I have much stronger legs than my upper body. Mobility on the other hand definitel needs some quality time.

Waiting your opinions on my form, thanks in advance.

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi Petra,

Squats looking great. Just make sure to make every rep consistent. Some reps seem to be higher than the others. For the mobility, take it a bit slower and make sure you activate your glutes while doing it. I hope this helps. Keep working on it. :)

Petra Kmecová

Thank you @Leo Trinidad. Will work on these on thursday again.

Petra Kmecová

So, I've trained these over the week couple of times... when I was just lying on the floor ... Do these look beter?

would it be ok to move to pe2, unassisted parallel squat? ... and keep on revisting this iM in warm-up?

as for consistency in high of parallel squat ... I'm working on those as well ... l'm just not used to do squat to parallel ... in the past I've always done then ass to grass :-)

thanks

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi Petra,

Yes good call on using the iM as warmup. Yes you can move on now. Nice improvement on the tempo and control. :)

Petra Kmecová

Thank you very much @Leo Trinidad.

i will work on pe2 and post a formcheck by the end if the week. 

Have a nice week :-)

Petra Kmecová

Hello again,

this week I've been working on PE2. Please, how is my form? 

Thank you

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Petra,

It looks pretty good. On your PE, work on sitting up taller as you squat. Also, try to keep your weight on your heels as you squat down.

On your iM you are picking up some pelvic rotation. Work on keeping your pelvis stationary as you lift your leg. I recommend taking another look at the Mobility Technique Tip video for this exercise starting at about 45 seconds.

Petra Kmecová

Thank @Jeffrey Bittner,

I've also noticed pelvic rotation on iM exercise when I saw myself on the video, so I will work on removing that during next week 's workouts.

As for PE exercise ... I don't fully understand what do you mean by "sitting up taller" ... do you mean that my upper body should be more vertical to the ground when my legs are bent to parallel? Please, elaborate little more, so I can work on that as well.

thanks

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Petra,

That is correct. As you squat, try to make your spine as vertical as possible.

Petra Kmecová

Thank you, all clear now.

I will work on your tips and post another video for a formcheck, probably till the end of next week.

Petra Kmecová

Hi, @Jeffrey Bittner,

please, do you see any improvemnt in my form?

I've been working on those last week and I'm curious if I'm on the right track.

thanks in advance, Petra

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Petra,

Nice improvement, you're headed in the right direction! Your squats look much better. You are still picking up a small amount of pelvic rotation on your iM, however, it looks much better than before. Keep working on maintaining the pelvis stable as you lift the leg. Awesome job!

Petra Kmecová

Thank you @Jeffrey Bittner.

Jeffrey Bittner

Happy to help, Petra. Keep up the great work!

Petra Kmecová

so I've been working on iM of PE for past weeks and I'm curious if it got any better. While doing it, I feel like my hips aren'y moving at all, but in a video I can see slight movement :-(.

can I get a formcheck please?

I've also started to work on PE3. 5x10 squats I can do easily - strengthwise, but is my form sufficient? 

and what about iM? Not sure about that one at all.

thank you coaches in advance.

Petra Kmecová

Please, can I get a formcheck on videos in my previous post?

thanks

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Petra,

Nice work. On your PE2>iM you are doing a good job of keeping the pelvis still. Work on improving ROM. Also a nice job on your squats. As you get tired, your weight starts to drift onto your toes as you squat down. Remember to keep your weight over your heels.

Good work so far on your iM for PE3. Work on improving ROM at the top of your leg circle as well as in the front of your leg circle. As your iM for PE2 improves, making bigger circles will get easier.

Petra Kmecová

Thank you @Jeffrey Bittner!