This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Upper body exercises

Started by Petra Kmecová, July 3, 2017 · 6 Replies · 117 Views

Petra Kmecová

Hi GB community,

first time posting a video, so I thought I might start with some feedback.

I'm full time mother of two, trying to get stronger to be a good example for my girls. I have some experiences with bodyweight exercises, but nothing structured, just some hiit, tabata workouts. Been doing GST for couple of week now, but because I rushed through some progression and than hit the wall, I decided to restart properly - with regular formchecks.

So here are videos of my upper body workout - additional sets, filmed after workout. Sorry for the kids making a mess behind.

Waiting for your suggestions how to correct my form. Thank in advance.

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi Petra,

HBP PE1- your lower back is arched. You need to tuck your tailbone in and contract your abs in order to maintain a strong posterior pelvic tilt.

RC PE1- You are going a bit fast and sometimes you are piking a bit with your hips. In your mobility push your hips forward then you pull the bar. 

SPL PE1- Looking good but you need posterior pelvic tilt. You are going too fast in your swivel hips. Make sure to pause on each rep and try to flatten your hips down on each rep.

Keep up the good work. Keep refining your form. 

Petra Kmecová

Thanks very much. I'll probably scale volume a bit and work on refining my form. Looks like i need to practice ppt a lot :).

Leo Trinidad

Good call Petra. You can send your videos after a week or so. We are excited to see your progress. :)

Petra Kmecová

@Leo Trinidad, please, do you see any improvement in my form? Been working on squeezing everything i can as hard as i can ... especially my glutes and quads.

thanks very much

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi Petra,

HBP PE1 - huge improvement in body alignment. slow down a bit. you need to activate your core more.
RC PE1 - again great alignment. better than before. do not just drop when you go down the row. try to slow down a bit with more control.
SPL PE2 - looks good to me. make sure to keep every rep consistent. :)
 

Petra Kmecová

Thank you very much @Leo Trinidad ... im glad to hear that, because my own eyes haven't seen much differences (although I felt them while training), so i wasnt sure whether im on the right track ...

i keep on working then and get back with another videos after couple of sessions.