This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE2 form check

Started by Christopher Hancox, July 3, 2017 · 11 Replies · 118 Views

Christopher Hancox

Hi, been on this exercise for a few weeks so need a form check before adding too many reps. Thanks

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Christopher Hancox,

Form and tempo looks good. Keep up the good work. :)

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Christopher, 

well focus on not moving the elbow, your should try to push your elbow (abducting it) as much as you can, the elbow reaches the floor because you twist in the spine.

Alessandro Mainente

If you stop at 8 seconds, when your left shoulder it is front of the right, the elbow should be in front of the left shoulder. if not you are moving down the elbow and not twisting the spine.

look to the front view below.

chiarimento side twist.png

Christopher Hancox

Thanks guys. @Alessandro Mainente So the elbow should stay inline with torso at all times. Do i still have to work on getting elbow to the floor for mastery, or just parralell to the floor (as in the last "correct" sketch)

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Christopher Hancox,

I apologize for the oversight. As Alex said, you need to focus more on twisting the spine and using your obliques. 

Christopher Hancox

Can I get a form check please. Don't know what happened with the recording of the right hand side, but you get the idea.

 

Christopher Hancox

With this exercise, is it best to

-keep the hips perfectly upright and stationary whilst rotating the spine as far as possible.

-twist through the spine as far as possible, then allow the hips to make up the extra rotation so the elbow hits the ground.

How is the last video, no form check yet.

Thanks!

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Christopher, do not overflex the spine, keep it flat . if you lift too much the hips to the ceiling it is hard to reach the floor.

Christopher Hancox

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente

How is this weeks attempt. Trying to keep the spine straighter and hips down a bit.

I did notice when I watched this video back, that my hips raise at the bottom when twisting to the left (first 6reps). I feel like this is compensation for the right hand side of my body being way tighter than the left. 

What do you reckon? I will slow down for next time as well!

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Chris, definitely one side it is weaker while the opposite traps are very tight. My suggestion is to do slower reps on the weak side and maintain the setxreps at the minimum until you can fill the gap. the good side it is very very nice.

Christopher Hancox

Ok. I will lower the reps and concentrate on slow movement.

Would it be wise to add this in a couple more times a week for quicker progress whilst at lower reps. Also, are there any specific stretches I could use to sort out the trap tightness?