I am a a little embarrassed to say, but I am having trouble progressing the assisted front roll in that after 3 sets of 4 I become dizzy to the point of nausea. I have been trying to work through it for a couple of months but without success. It is like going on back to back roller coaster rides. I have tried time between reps./sets. Does anyone have any suggestions or does it eventually get better? I think part of it is my age (49). Anything?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
ASSISTED FORWARD ROLL
Started by JAY ROACH, July 2, 2017 · 3 Replies · 139 Views
Hello Jay,
Sounds like you are simply trying to do more than your inner ear can comfortably handle at this time. Try scaling both the movement and the volume of movement way back.
First, try just rocking back and forth in a tuck position on your back and see how your inner ear tolerates this.
If all is well, then you may progress to a single forward roll at a time. Take as many minutes as necessary in between reps to remain free from dizziness. Begin with only one or two sets of a single forward roll and let us know how you feel.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Rocking back & forth in the tuck is no problem. I was ok up to 3 sets of 3, but 4 sets of 4 did me in. Is it as simple as time between sets?
Hey Jay,
Exactly. Coach is suggesting you rest as much as necessary between sets, until the dizziness has completely subsided, as well as increase your sets and reps more gradually. These strategies will allow your inner ear more time to adapt. Looking forward to seeing how you feel! Please keep us up to date.