This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hamstring soreness after shoulder dislocates??

Started by Sean Full, July 2, 2017 · 5 Replies · 161 Views

Sean Full

I was putting down the weighted bar and realized my hamstrings were insanely sore suddenly.  Like borderline cramping.  And it's now been 24 hours and it feels like I did a hardcore hamstring workout yesterday.  So sore.  Feels good though.  It just didn't make sense that it came after shoulder dislocates.  Any ideas?  Should I be concerned?  

Tanya Hill

Hi Sean, 

Did you do any other workout today that involved legs?

Sean Full

 All I did was the prone holding the bar off the ground, shoulder dislocates, and thoracic bridge stretch.  And I skip the later elevated bridge holds because I'm not there just yet.  And here I am 2 days later, and from the backs of my knees all the way to my glutes feels like they're recovering from the workout of a lifetime.  I think that's hamstring?

Sean Full

I'm used to thoracic bridge series too.  It's never affected my legs like that.  

Nicholas Murray

Ah, prone. You were using your hamstrings to keep your pelvis in a certain position. Probably similar for the thoracic bridge stretch, though I'm unsure which one you mean. Over time you'll adapt, but try 1/3 of the number of reps today and tomorrow and see if that reduces the tension. I read somewhere - and have anecdotal evidence from my own training - that when you have DOMS (post-exercise soreness), a small amount of concentric exercise (the "lifting up" part, as opposed to "lowering down", which is eccentric) can reduce DOMS a little.

Sean Full

you are awesome.  Thank you.  That makes a lot of sense