This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Warm up/limber

Started by Christopher Hancox, July 2, 2017 · 5 Replies · 174 Views

Christopher Hancox

Hi, I need some recommendations on my warm up routine. I don't have access to the fundamentals limber routine so have been using my own. Thought I'd better get it checked to see if it's missing anything or if it needs modifying to fit the following foundation/stretch/handstand workout. 

4km static bike ride (5mins)

HS Wrist warm up

Arm circles, German arm swings, Chest level arm swings

Cat cow, Seal rocks, Hip circles

Standing straddle, Butterfly, Standing pike, Full squat, Seated Caesar,  Swivel hips

3 set of easy foundation related exercise plus iM.

 

Paul Del Casino

Here's what I do, only takes a few minutes and I feel like it limbers me up pretty good:

- neck circles (10r)

- back rollers (10r)

- hanging scapular shrugs (10r)

- german hang (30s)

- dislocates (10r)

- cat/cow (10r)

- wrist ROM (10s)

- lumbar extension (30s)

- kneeling achilles (60s)

- quad extension (60s)

- standing pike (60s)

- seated pike lifts (10r)

- straddle (120s)

- jefferson curl (5r)

Pretty similar to what you have. The only thing I'd recommend is changing the arm swings/circles to dislocates. It was in the blog as one of those "every day" exercises. 

Pauline Taube

Nice, these are looking good guys :)

 

Christopher Hancox

Thanks Paul, I will get some dislocates in there next session. Might try and include some quad and achilles stretch as well. Cheers!

Leo Trinidad

warmup looks good guys. :)

Paul Del Casino
2 hours ago, Christopher Hancox said:

Thanks Paul, I will get some dislocates in there next session. Might try and include some quad and achilles stretch as well. Cheers!

Right on. I've found them very effective (I use a steel pipe so there's a little weight to it) and quicker than arm circles. 

I don't even sit all day at work, but I bike, so I figured quad mobility is important, and the achilles for me because I can't squat all the way down without my heels coming up (still).