This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Newborn scheduling

Started by Brian Sparks, July 1, 2017 · 2 Replies · 106 Views

Brian Sparks
Prasan Samtani said:

This is a good point. I drag out the schedule a little, I have a newborn, so my sleep is suboptimal. What I find works well is doing the 4 day template. I can train every day, and enjoy doing so, so I draw out the 4 day template over 8 days.

So essentially, no rest days, but each day is easier than prescribed. Prior to having the baby the 4 day template was manageable, but after the baby the tweak to drag it out more has allowed me to continue progress. If I have some extra time at the end of the workout I throw in some mobility drills from the next level of the progression.

We just received our newborn into our lives two days ago and are very excited; it's our second. Not my first rodeo so I know the unpredictability of scheduling. 

The main thing I'm worried about is regressing on my mobility gains; my lumbar spine and hips are finally feeling better after all these years. So I'm trying to keep the focus there and not worry about prolonging the time to strength gains. I saw another post by @Everett Carroll suggesting stretching the "weekly schedule" to the bi-triweekly schedule, or the one @Prasan Samtani tried above (in quotes).

Would love other experiential feedback! Thanks!

Nicholas Murray

No advice to add, just thought that the title meant "How soon can my newborn begin GST". Congratulations!

Everett Carroll

Congrats Brian! Spreading it out is my go-to when life gets busy.