This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Another plank lean check

Started by Jin Liu, June 30, 2017 · 4 Replies · 62 Views

Jin Liu

Sry for the redundant plank lean check, but Alessandro's diagram in Marcus's post is that good. It offered a really clear working ground for that lean which just never seems to be enough! Can't help testing it multiple times. Below i tried two starting position. First video is knees and hands below a flat back. This is what i did yesterday at the office, and it seemed easy. Second is knees and hands below a rounded (shorter) back. This becomes considerably harder. I personally like the bodyline in the 1st video but the starting position in the 2nd, and apparently I'm not there yet. Is the lean in the 1st video good enough? Oh yea I'm also working on more protraction too...

 

 

Thank you!

Suzanna McGee

Funny, Alessandro's diagram caused many happy planchers  :-) like a planche lean infection :-) 

Everett Carroll

You nailed it Jin! Bodyline in A and starting position in B. Once you can hit that bodyline from the "B" starting position, you'll be there. Keep protracting strong.

Nicholas Murray

Jin, you have **an actual lifting platform** and a bumper plate toast rack? Now I'm jealous.

You are my hero for the planche leans. And more so for this "thoracic band pull". I tried it and can't get off the ground :(

 

 

 

Jin Liu
3 hours ago, Nicholas Murray said:

Jin, you have **an actual lifting platform** and a bumper plate toast rack? Now I'm jealous.

You are my hero for the planche leans. And more so for this "thoracic band pull". I tried it and can't get off the ground :(

 

 

 

Haha! Yea! Love the lifting platform!! It's an awesome flat & big space that can be used for almost anything (WL, yoga, martial arts, etc) :D

That thoracic band pull is from the stretching course. It takes a few try to lift off the floor. First do it with the band up high. This stretch is the sh*t! It hits every spot in the spine, esp if your back becomes tight after some lifting.