Could I get a form check on this please. Feels like raising the anchor point of the band a little higher may help me get a little more out of this stretch. Anyone have any experience of this.
Thanks
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Christopher Hancox, June 30, 2017 · 3 Replies · 77 Views
Could I get a form check on this please. Feels like raising the anchor point of the band a little higher may help me get a little more out of this stretch. Anyone have any experience of this.
Thanks
Hi @Christopher Hancox,
Yes looking good. Raising the anchor point of the band may help you get more out of the stretch but bending your knees also makes the difficulty easier and you are not being able to maximize the stretch since your legs are bending. I suggest to stick to the required band pull wherein the anchor is in the feet. I hope this helps. ![]()
Thanks Leo
I have really really tight legs and find bending my knees is the only way I can really sit up straight.(Currently I can't even pike to 90deg, more like 70deg.) Front and middle stretch is helping though.
Should keeping my legs straight be the main focus in this, until it gets better and I can sit up straight.
Hi Christopher,
Awesome question. I suggest keeping them straight for as long as possible, then bend them slightly if you need to so that you maximize the work on your shoulders and back. As you descend, lock them again as soon as possible. Keep in mind all the while the end goal is straight legs through full ROM. Keep cranking on the stretch courses and you'll get there in no time!