My Program Design......

Started by markbauerjav, March 4, 2010 · 2 Replies · 2,124 Views

markbauerjav

I first wanna start off by saying i just recently purchased the book "Building the Gymnastic Body." I cant even explain how much I love it. In the past two weeks, I read the whole book 5 times!!! It even sleeps next to me on my bed :P I pretty much go everywhere with it. So I just want to take the time to thank Coach Sommer for helping us "non-gymnasts" out. Well lets get started. My designed my program like this...

Mon- Back lever work and pulling variations (XR rows, Front lever rows, chin-ups L, pull-ups L, pull-ups wide L).

Tuesday- Planche work and pressing variations ( XR pushups, XR PPP, XR support position, XR dips).

Wednesday- Handstand work and straight body work *All of these were mostly TUCK* (Cranks, Front/Back pulls).

Thursday- Front lever work, leg variations and Core variations

Friday- L sit work and Multi plane pulling variations *TUCK* (XR muscle ups *kipping*, Front lever pulls, Yewkis.

Anyone who has some experience on this forum is going to ask, "Why so much pulling exercises." I am a Javelin thrower and the main action of our event is a "Pull," even though many people believe it is a throw. So I thought it would be beneficial to overload on pulling variations. I am currently suffering from an injury in my left forearm. I believe I injured my ulnar nerve or something relating to that. There is a whole thread about the ulnar nerve if you just search it at the top. I am taking a week off of training until it feels better. But I just wanted to get some good advice from everyone here at Gymnastic Bodies about my program design. Thanks for taking the time to read all of this. GB has really changed my life. I have a feeling that I will never do any other kind of strength training.

Neal Winkler

wXQkbpM52uM

X8h7nVUQTf4

wgZ4FhmAgwM

F-zEYIe0EKA

AIt_QLNPWAw

Cole Dano

Nice set of videos Triangle!