This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Planche Lean SPL/PE5 form check

Started by Suzanna McGee, June 30, 2017 · 5 Replies · 92 Views

Suzanna McGee

I was reading here in the forums today about the starting position for the Planche Lean and Alessandro's lovely picture (below). So I tried to enter my planche lean that way. May I have pointers and form check please? I have such long torso, it feels impossible to get my hands under my hips :( (well, at least now :) )

 

Here is Alessandro's lovely drawing:

 

Planche Lean starting position.jpg

Darin Phoenix

Hi Suzanna,

Alessandro's drawing is definitely an extremely useful way to get into the planche lean position. Your lean looks pretty good and being taller will certainly make the position more challenging.

You start off with your knees directly under your hips and then just as you are about to go into it you slightly adjust your position and bring your hips forward just a little making the degree of lean you achieve much less. The thing that I try and remember in all of my planche training is that whenever I feel as though my hands are back as far as they can go then I need to move them a little further.

It should really feel as though you are right on the edge of losing your balance. Especially if your ultimate goal is to obtain your planche. Also, I would like to see more protraction in those shoulders. Really try and imagine pushing the floor away as hard as you can while pulling your sternum to the roof.

Suzanna McGee

Thanks @Darin Phoenix, the almost falling feeling makes sense. I normally try to do it as the seconds go, to lean more and more until I really fall toward the end of the prescribed time. :)  I guess I need to learn how to balance at this edge a little longer, each time. Maybe shorten the time (regress a few steps) and balance on the edge from the beginning…  I'll keep working on my protraction as well. Thank you!!!!

Tobias Karlsson

What I do very often is to train the form daily. But just getting into it. So it is never even remotely fatiguing but by training the pose often I at least progress faster. 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Suzanna, lean a bit more until your hips are flat, there is a very tiny pike.

Jin Liu

Good job @Suzanna McGee! Just uploaded a couple video from this morning's workout, I wanna check my lean too now, lol!