This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Putting Lunch together

Started by Mike Lounsbury, June 29, 2017 · 6 Replies · 147 Views

Mike Lounsbury

Hi guys, 

For my lunch I have a shake,which was working good for me because I'm not a raw veggie fan, so I would just blend it up and it was all good. Now that we have added a starch I don't know what to do. The shake has fruit which Jeff said is okay if in a bind, but that doesn't sound like the optimal solution here. Basically I put in a handful of strawberries, raspberries, sometimes banana. For my fat I put in greek yogurt. Vegetable is chopped up carrots/celery. Protein I'm getting from yogourt, but also put in a scoop of whey protein blend. So 2 questions what could I add for a starch? I really only heard 3 options for starches, rice,potato,and squash. I don't really want to eat just those 3 things for both lunch and dinner for the rest of my life. Question 2 is the whey protein blend ok? There hasn't been any talk about supplements  

Thanks in advance 

Mike Lounsbury

^^bump

Jared Birbeck

when I have tried to get carbs into a workout shake I have used cooked tapioca/sago.

Jeff Serven

Mike, if you were locked in Buffalo Bill's basement and all he lowered down to you was vegetables, you would learn to like them.

Fruit for lunch is okay as long as it isn't 5 times a week. The idea is to eat a real meal. But a essential amino acid shake and some fruit is again okay on occasion. 

Mike Lounsbury

Roger that, thanks

Joshua Daudelin

You could try oats in your shake for starch.

Kai Ewert

Also sweet potato powder is an option (truenutrition.com for example sells it) though it does change the flavor of a shake