This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL PE2 + iM

Started by Uljana Kalinitschenko, June 29, 2017 · 3 Replies · 64 Views

Uljana Kalinitschenko

Hey guys!

Here is my FL PE2 and the corresponding mobility. I've been practicing this element for veeeeery looooong (don't ask) and in the begining it was a real struggle but since a couple of months I can do 5x60r pretty easily. This is the 5th set of 60 in the video, I know it's not the perfect form but please say I can start PE3 now!!

 

Alessandro Mainente

Generally speaking, I prefer more range of motion in the PE. int his way the tendency fo the body to accelerate it is more relevant and hold the body tension it is harder. harder but necessary.

Matthias Schwartz

Hi Uljana, 

It is great that you posted that video to check but I don't think it's a mastery set. Your tempo is very fast, compared to the follow-along video, the range of motion is shorter as well (you aren't rocking as far as they are in the videos), and your knees are stacked almost directly over your hips, making the movement easier. I would say that the biggest issue is that you are going too fast, which makes 60 reps go faster. However, you need to extend your legs more as Wesley demonstrates in his demo video. Even though this makes the movement a bit harder, it also helps counterbalance your upper body so it's easier to rock your scapulae off the ground.

Please take my constructive criticism as a grain of salt. I'm not even as far advanced on the progression as you are. I'm just incorporating what I've learned to make this movement better. I thought I was doing it right too until I got form feedback and also tried to match the video tempo. I had to drop way back down in reps in order to keep good form. I think if you can follow along with the videos at their tempo, using Wesley's form and range of motion, and that seems "easy" (i.e, you would be able to do a 6th set with decent form) then I'd say to progress.

Uljana Kalinitschenko

Hey Alessandro and Matthias! Thanks a lot for the constructive feedback! I rewatched the instructional video and your tips make sense to me. So I'll work on increasing my range of motion and decreasing speed (and probabaly reps) in the following weeks!