This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE1 iM

Started by Christopher Hancox, June 29, 2017 · 5 Replies · 53 Views

Christopher Hancox

Hi,

Could I get some critique on this position. Will sort a video if it's easier.

Thanks in advance.image.thumb.jpeg.bde70201f27e0f62f61bda81b88a0302.jpeg

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Christopher,

Your position looks pretty good. Can you also post a video? It would be great if you could post a side view along with a front or back view.

Christopher Hancox

Hi Jeff,

Here a video. Only held for 5 second each angle but you get the idea.

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Christopher,

Nice start with this one overall. You're nearly there but I have a few pointers:

-Keep your elbows completely straight.

-Shrug your shoulders (elevate them) strongly. 

-Keep striving for more forward lean as you "pull" the bar behind your head.

Keep it up! After you practice these adjustments, please post a follow-up video. 

Christopher Hancox

Thanks Everett.  I had actually moved on from this a couple of week ago without a form check. Better check PE1 as well

I will go back and make the adjustments and re post a form check in a couple of weeks. Is the extra lean forward needed for mastery, or that something to strive for in the future when using this exercise?

Everett Carroll

Hey Christopher, 

Sounds good. Strive for a little more on your next submission! I'm sure you'll have mastery form after a couple weeks of extra work on this one.