This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rotating shifts

Started by Ian Howard, June 28, 2017 · 2 Replies · 52 Views

Ian Howard

Any advice on timing meals for 12-hour rotating shifts? Should breakfast, lunch, and dinner for night shifts be structured like days? I'm starting a new schedule 5-2 split (M/T days; W/Th off; F/S/Su nights; M/T off; W/Th days; F/S/Su off; M/T nights; etc). Anyone been implementing the Thrive philosophy on a similiar schedule? How do you manage? 

 

Presently I'm M-F 8-5 and do great with this programme. Working nights is going to be a struggle and I can't seem to find any other threads about it. Anyone?

Everett Carroll

Hey Ian,

Awesome question. My advice is to follow the Thrive meal structure during your waking time. If it's a night shift portion of the week, let's say it begins at 6pm, then that's when you eat "breakfast". Obviously, it's not an ideal schedule, but eating while you're awake and following the same meal order makes the most sense to me.

Ian Howard

Thanks @Everett Carroll! At least this is somewhere to start. Definitely going to be weird eating hard boiled eggs and smoked salmon at 6pm, lol... the worst part will be scheduling when to get my workouts in. Right now I workout during lunch break (midday, 5 days a week) and it's perfect. I fuel my body directly after working out and I'm good for the rest of the afternoon, feels great! We shall see...