This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Best Core Supplemental Exercises

Started by Christopher Denzer, June 28, 2017 · 3 Replies · 117 Views

Christopher Denzer

Hi everyone:

I am lucky enough to work from a climbing gym, where I can schedule 10 minute GB breaks every half hour or so. I like to use that time to keep up the elements I have completed from previous programming. I am in Foundations 2 at the moment. What are some of your favorite Core exercises that you think have the best bang for the buck and should be trained regularly? For that matter, what about the same for Upper Body?

Johan Tideland

I am not in F2 yet so I can't say for sure but I believe that maintaining hollow body rocks, doing v-ups and arch ups is good bang for the buck.

Since you just have 10 min and this is as you describe it just maintenance of previously mastered elements, I would say you should keep the volume and intensity low.

For upper body I would say that planche lean and and Pseudo planche push ups is probably something that you can refine infinitely.

Christopher Denzer

Great ideas, thanks!!

Leo Trinidad

I would be mixing core from the Foundation One as a warmup. :)