This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pancake Form Check (pull strap in middle?)

Started by Bryan Tilton, June 27, 2017 · 3 Replies · 96 Views

Bryan Tilton

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for feedback on my pancake stretches in the middle split series.  Major issue is that I am completely unable to move my torso forward enough to get anywhere close to a "chest on the floor" kind of position (I laugh whenever I hear it said on the video, as I am light years away from that position).  Can you please review this and let me know how I'm doing and whether using a pull strap in the middle to help me get my chest closer to the ground is a good move?

Thanks!

-Bryan

Pancake Form Check

Pauline Taube

Hi Bryan,

I would recommend to sit on an elevated surface. Try to sit on a yoga block or two or even a bench. Whatever you need in order to be able to sit upright with a straight back and anterior pelvic tilt. As your flexibility improves you can lower this surface and eventually perform these stretches from the floor :) 

Bryan Tilton

Thanks for the tip, Pauline!  I'll try that.

Pauline Taube

Please let us know how you go and feel free to submit another form check :)