This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

One year using GST

Started by Peter DeLuca, June 27, 2017 · 2 Replies · 228 Views

Peter DeLuca

This is my long winded summary of one year with GST.

Started Fundamentals 5/31/2016
Added Foundation 7/25/2016
Mounted rings in my garage 8/2016 (Still on Ground Rows.  Trying to break through)
Add stretch package 8/26/2016 (Amazing progress on mobility.  Worth every penny.  Seriously best purchase ever)
Added handstand 11/2016 (The wrist stretches are fantastic.  Still on the first progression due to terrible shoulder
mobility)
Mounted stall bars in my garage this month.  

Lessons learned

Conistency is more important than intensity.
Lock your knees on basically every stretch.
Stretch at level 3 or 4.  Not level 10.
Get yoga blocks and a strech strap.
For men.  Do not wear a shirt when you work out.
Take your time.  Master each exercise and have perfect form before hitting the easy button.
Go slow now, so you can go fast later.
Use the "free" video review feature under HELP.
Use the forums.
Go to Account -> Help -> Course Library to see awesome videos and scaling options with the guy with the english
accent.
Add my.gymnasticbodies on Instagram.  Huge motivation on the possibilities.

Currently doing everything once a week.

Monday - Upper. Thoracic Bridge. Lower (Evening)
Thursday - Core. Middle Split (Morning) 
Saturday - Handstand. Middle Split. (Morning)
Daily Limber everyday.

Trying to break through on Stiff Leg Windmills, Pushups, Ground Rows and Bridge stuff.
Shoulder mobility is a total disaster.
My mobility in general is a mess.  

I have noticed a huge improvement in my power and skill level in activites such as volleyball, softball, golf, and
rock climbing.

I am 44 years old and I feel stronger and more flexibile than any point in my life.
Plus I can finally touch my toes.  :-)

I cannot wait to see how much progress I make in year #2.

-Peter from Towson, Maryland.

Pauline Taube

Amazing journey Peter!

Keep up the good work, we are looking forward to follow your continuous progress :D 

 

Tobias Karlsson

Great to hear about your progress. I have just started the stretch series so really happy to hear about your progress. 

I hope to hear more about your journey.

Keep on pushing!