This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE1 + iM

Started by Brian Sparks, June 27, 2017 · 18 Replies · 294 Views

Brian Sparks

Thanks for any pointers. I posted 2 versions of the PE1 as commentary from Jeffrey last time was to tuck legs to gluten and try to have less thoracic arch. Cheers!

Brian Sparks

Realized my v2 was the wrong video. Here is the correct one:

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Brian,

Nice work! You have made some great improvement. Personally, I like your second version a bit better. In your second video you do a better job of placing your hands directly below the elbows which helps stability.

Good work on your iM as well. Remember to avoid sticking your head forward as you do this exercise.

Brian Sparks

Very appreciated thanks!

Brian Sparks

Know I've been posting a lot of forms checks recently, but you all have been immensely helpful! This one in particular I believe I improved massively at shoulder length, and of course very appreciative of feedback.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Flexion it is very good, aim for more lean and keep the head neutral!

Brian Sparks

Fantastic thanks Alessandro!

Brian Sparks

@Alessandro Mainente I was just reviewing this against my workout today. Reading some of the other posts, am I "dislocating" my shoulders in the last video? Don't want to cheat myself out of progress. Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

I need to see this from the back.

Brian Sparks

Okay will upload a video

Brian Sparks

@Alessandro Mainente Hope these videos are of sound enough quality to give feedback. Thanks again!

 

Brian Sparks

@Alessandro Mainente sorry to bother hoping you wouldn't mind checking these (or any forum coach), thanks!

Luke Searra

Brian did you change any mechanics between the first and second submissions?

 

Brian Sparks

Yeah I think so, after reviewing the video from 07/08 I was adducting and internally rotating my scapulae; which I think is wrong? The most recent video I refrained from that action. 

Alessandro Mainente

Yes it is wrong.

Said that the grip you are using it is too narrow, in fact, you are not showing a straight line from hips to hands.

Brian Sparks

Okay thanks guys! Will work on not rotating scapulae, widening grip a bit, and that straight line. 

Brian Sparks

@Alessandro Mainente @Luke Searra

Did my workout today and tried incorporating your very helpful cues. Thank you guys for all the help on this! I kind of exaggerated holding my head back as I was reflexively moving it anteriorly on prior reps.

 

Alessandro Mainente

I seriously love your lean, very nice work.

Brian Sparks

Thanks for your help! Very motivating!