This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bear walks form check

Started by Leigh Kettle, June 24, 2017 · 2 Replies · 66 Views

Leigh Kettle

https://youtu.be/VCvwQM3MTpA

https://youtu.be/Z7u5S9H55XI

hey guys

this is my bear walk - well if you can loosely call it that . - you can hear coach say "good" half way through the video. I would hazard a guess he isn't talking about me .

Please can you help me with this with any tips and pointers and to make sure I'm doing it as I should Be. I don't really understand the "roll of the shoulder" that coach talks about especially during the other exercise he mentions it in ( the bottom part of the ascent of the extension walks ....)

 My tb is one of the worst areas for me in terms of mobility , when I say worst I mean the other areas are very close behind lol lol . You guys have your work cut out making me mobile lol 

big thanks as always 

Everett Carroll

Hey Leigh!

Not as bad as you made it out to be my friend. Spend a little extra time stretching when your right is supporting since that looks to be the tighter side. Also, I'd like to see more scapular elevation. The supporting shoulder should be shrugged up to your ear. You are already "rolling", or rotating, the shoulder here. For most people, it happens naturally as you work to get closer to a bridge position. 

Leigh Kettle

Thanks so much Everett as always

im surprised to hear this wasn't as bad as I made out lol . 

Will work on this as you suggest

manh thanks 

Leigh