Heres my friend Georges pommel horse exercise
just wanted to share it with you guys because i think its very impressing!, But he needs to get better flow on his dismount to get a really good score! ![]()
Es6iTtmE_F8
Started by Ivan, March 2, 2010 · 20 Replies · 7,023 Views
Heres my friend Georges pommel horse exercise
just wanted to share it with you guys because i think its very impressing!, But he needs to get better flow on his dismount to get a really good score! ![]()
Es6iTtmE_F8
Looks nice ![]()
Looked great to me.
I'm not sure I've ever seen an actually smooth pommel horse dismount, but then I don't watch many videos of pommel horse
5AA-0qA6WpA
heres a smooth dismount ![]()
He musnt let go his shoulders from the pommel. Look at longer qiao's support on his right arm on one pomel when he swings back to stradle.
That's so awesome! I wish I could do a routine like that.
Also, does anyone have any tips for continuing the circles after the scissors? I'm struggling with this right now.
front or rear scissor?
kick your left leg to the front in the dismount
Blair, I'm mostly concerned about the front scissor (like the guy in the routine), but every info is appreciated.
after the scissor you should enclose your legs in the front when your legs almost closed push yourself with your hamstring away from the horse and kick with both legs into the circle. ik hope you get it other wise i wil make a movie of it
Georges' swing and rhythm are quite nice, other than his relaxed chest position. To correct his dismount, Georges' needs to initiate the dismount while still on the single pommel with the shoulders pressing forward rather allowing the circle to spin out and then pressing out to HS (large mandatory deduction).
deljosque said:... push yourself with your hamstring away from the horse ...
This is incorrect and would incur a .5 deduction; you may not at any time push off of the horse with any part of your body other than your hands. In addition, this will result in a flawed circle position as shown in the second photo below.
To initiate a circular swing out of a front scissor (pendulum swing), as the rear leg swings forward, press the hips open while simultaneously counter-turning them toward the 1/4 circle position. Ideally the shoulders should remain square to the front during this process; hence the counter-turning action will occur in the waist. The waist however should continue to remain stretched and extended, with neither side-arch nor pike, during this counter-rotation.
The quality of your end product will ultimately depend on your meticulousness in striving for the ideal 1/4 circle position. The Chinese have now set a new standard for the ultimate in extension. Compare the extension of the two circles below:

Xiao Qin of China

Munoz of Spain
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Coach Sommer said:To initiate a circular swing out of a front scissor (pendulum swing), as the rear leg swings forward, press the hips open while simultaneously counter-turning them toward the 1/4 circle position. Ideally the shoulders should remain square to the front during this process; hence the counter-turning action will occur in the waist. The waist however should continue to remain stretched and extended, with neither side-arch nor pike, during this counter-rotation.
Very nice explanation, Coach. I'll think about this process when I practice today.
Well, I just got back from practice, and I'm starting to get better at this. I tried to go into circles by doing a single leg circle while in front support.

Arms like that is why we do gymnastics. Good grief....
Not me.
I perfer having a lean body while still having strong strength.
I've noticed that a lot of people here claim that they don't want to get "bulky" or something like that, they just want to be strong. To each his own, just as long as people realize that being skinny won't allow you to be as strong as you can, even for bodyweight exercises. If it did, then gymnasts would be skinny.
Sorry it took so long, but I finally took a video of myself attempting a circle after the scissors. It's not really good, but please tell me if I'm doing the right thing.
TcRdxPQAfmE
More lean on the right hand as you begin the circle out of the scissors.
Bigger swing in the scissors is what I'd prefer to see. More tension in the legs so legs are tighter.
I forgot to ask this, a circle from a back leg cut is similar to the feint, right?
Also, which do you think is easier: circles from a front leg cut or a back leg cut? Most of my friends in the high school gymnastics team say the back leg cut to circles is easier.
1. I would be a bit similar.
2. I dunno, PH was not my friend, ever.