This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Download videos?

Started by Rachel Meyer, June 22, 2017 · 9 Replies · 847 Views

Rachel Meyer

Hey friends,

I'm curious if there's a way to download the stretch courses and eventually other videos as well vs pulling them from this website every time? I'm bad at being a millennial and don't have unlimited data. Watching the stretch videos and foundamentals videos at the gym (where even if there was wifi, which there isnt, it would be slow and suck) or work is starting to drive my data usage up really quickly. Again, bad millennial over here so I might be missing a very obvious savable version of the videos but curious how I could combat always watching them "live"? 

Thanks! 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Rachel actually to the copyright policy the videos are accessible only on the course page.

Rachel Meyer

Gotcha. Rather unfortunate but understandable and good to know. Thanks!

Tanya Hill

Hi Rachel, 

Another option for you would be to take a screenshot and or notes of your daily workout and when you head to the gym you won't need the internet. When you get home to make sure you log your progress for that day. 

Jochen Friedrich

That´s right Tanya, but then you also have to set your timers - way easier is just following the video - i always miss this when i am on vacation. Maybe there is a sufficient way to protect the videos when you offer them in a app? I keep on hoping that the Tim Ferris endorsements help to get a big enough community to add the GB App :)

Elke Saunders
On 6/23/2017 at 6:00 AM, Tanya Hill said:

Hi Rachel, 

Another option for you would be to take a screenshot and or notes of your daily workout and when you head to the gym you won't need the internet. When you get home to make sure you log your progress for that day. 

This is only assuming you have wifi access everyday. I agree an app would be a vital part of making GST accessible and worth the money you charge for it. The value of this program IMHO is that it has a interactive "remote coach" element with progressions. Anyone can make a list of exercises to follow. I am planning to be out of wifi range for two months starting next week, and again this winter and am pretty bummed there is no offline option. 

Pauline Taube

Hi Elke,

An app is currently in development, we don't have an ETA yet but please stay tuned. In the meantime, keep up with your training :) As Tanya mentioned it might be helpful to take some screenshots and notes of the exercises in advance. 

Daniel Stassen
On 7/31/2017 at 0:01 AM, Pauline Taube said:

Hi Elke,

An app is currently in development, we don't have an ETA yet but please stay tuned. In the meantime, keep up with your training :) As Tanya mentioned it might be helpful to take some screenshots and notes of the exercises in advance. 

This is good news, Pauline. 

I hope it won't be much longer before the app is released. 

Having an app with offline options would be a useful tool. 

Cheers,

daniel

Phillip Morrison

What has worked well for me to limit data usage on the stretch videos, is a combination of the above suggestions.  Screenshots for each position help me with proper form, while an interval app set up in the proper sequence of the entire course keeps me honest.  Granted, it took some time to get the interval sequence set up, but once it was done it works pretty well.  Also, when setting up the intervals in the app you do have to leave yourself some transition time between each stretch. 

Lucy Criddle

Hey everyone, I have this problem too, especially as I've just joined a gym that doesn't have phone service, let alone wifi. 

It's a bit laborious but I played the video in a quiet room and recorded sound only, using the voice recorder on my phone (iphone, but I'm assuming that Android have something similar). True, you don't get the visuals but if you've done the course several times elsewhere, I'm assuming you'll know what is being referred to (or you could take screenshots or written diagram notes as a reminder). Obviously make sure to play the computer at full volume while it's recording, in case your gym has loud background music ... Otherwise you could find yourself suffering in a painful seiza kneel longer than necessary! Also, record each stretch module separately, not all in one batch.

In the voice recorder, you can trim the end if needed (e.g., the video stops before you realised and stopped the recording in time). I suggest saving it into the cloud / emailing it to yourself, before loading into iTunes (or whatever MP3 player). I find that if you need to pause halfway (e.g., to get equipment or setup by the wall) then the voice recorder sends you back to the beginning, but on the MP3 player / iTunes you don't lose your place.

To be honest, I hope that the app has a good commentary for the recordings, as I'm finding it really helpful to listen through headphones rather than have to keep looking over at a screen.

For the non-stretch modules (F1, HS), I simply take screenshots and update later, as mentioned above.