Hey guys
during this stretch I sometimes struggle to get in what I deem to be the correct position
please could you have a look at my submission to analyse how I usually do this stretch to tell me where I'm going wrong
many thanks
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Leigh Kettle, June 21, 2017 · 4 Replies · 142 Views
Hey guys
during this stretch I sometimes struggle to get in what I deem to be the correct position
please could you have a look at my submission to analyse how I usually do this stretch to tell me where I'm going wrong
many thanks
My amateur view would be the it looks like your foot is too far across to me. I'm still relatively new to the stretch program but I aim to have my front foot in front of the middle of my hips and my shin perpendicular to my body. It means that I have to sit much higher but am able to keep my torso more vertical. Interested to see what the forum coaches suggest here ![]()
Thanks paul
yes I know what you mean but I was under the impression my quad should run in a straight line from my hip but maybe I'm wrong here . If I was to bring my foot in closer to my midline (which coach mentions is more advanced ) this would make my quad move out at an angle to my hip ?
Thanks again Paul and yes my form check submission was needed to clarify this for me
Hey Leigh,
I think this is a fine position for you right now. You are correct about moving the foot closer to midline: that will make it much more intense so stick with this for now. Aim for 90-degrees at the knee joint and continue to keep your hips square.
Thanks Everett