Hello, just started on movement, how am I doing? Thanks in advance for the feedback!
First video is T1/2.1, second video T1/3.1 third video (despite the labelling) T1/4.2 as I seemed to have no problems with T1/4.1
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Guido Franchetti, June 20, 2017 · 4 Replies · 98 Views
Hello, just started on movement, how am I doing? Thanks in advance for the feedback!
First video is T1/2.1, second video T1/3.1 third video (despite the labelling) T1/4.2 as I seemed to have no problems with T1/4.1
Hey Guido,
Solid work overall. Nice job.
For T2.1, keep working to make a bigger arch: lift your legs high, lengthen your body, and look towards the ceiling.
For T3.1 and 4.1, be sure your heels remain down as you lower into the squat. Also, tuck your chin even more, looking towards your bellybutton.
Thanks Everett. I wish I could have my heels on the ground in a full squat! I'll be working on the points you mention.
Heels on the ground will take time.
Have done the front split series multiple times + MANY deck squats + pressure rock'n roll really helped a lot. Thanks to this I have the full squat with feet together, at least when ankles are warm, still not comfortable though.
I also think some other coach mentioned that doing achilles stretch more than once a week might also help to unlock the ankle faster.
Thanks Adrian!
I know it will take time... In fact, I have reached this point also in the (new) SLS progression, PE3, and I was thinking to ask about advice for supplemental exercises, so your post comes at the right time!
It seems that a little weight to assist and extra ankle mobility are same of the most suggested tools.