Greetings fellow GBers.
This morning's Middle split programming brought a slightly un-welcomed surprise which I'm not seeking necessarily any particular answer to but wondering if anyone with more physiological insight may be able to share some knowledge on or if this has happened to anyone else.
First off I'll say that, based on my time spent reading through the forums, I consider myself a moderately 'stiff' individual with fairly average mobility. I can get through the 3 stretch courses with moderate scaling (TB being the worst for me) though my end range isn't close to what it should be. Goals.
Back to middle split....My programming today was upper body (all pe1) and middle split. Upper body performed first so I felt effectively warmed up to move my way into my stretch series. Everything was feeling quite good until pancake good mornings. At first these were feeling solid - slight anterior pelvic tilt, legs externally rotated, back straight....feeling VERY engaged and not pushing my end range excessively far (at this point my torso reaches approximately a 30-40 degree angle from chest to floor) when it happens. I feel what I can only describe as a 'POP' coming from the pelvic end of my right hamstring. Not painful but still quite noticeable. My deeply scientific thought of 'huh....wonder what that was' didn't cause me to stop the series immediately and I continued through the next few stretches being mindful of that particular area and decided not to be foolish and ended my session at wall splits. Since the incident (about 8 hours ago) I have developed what I would call 'soreness' in my right hamstring area but again, not painful in any way.
The only other information that causes me contemplation is that I have periodically integrated Jefferson Curls into my routine and have noticed that at end range I have at times felt what I can only describe as a shift or alignment in my upper hamstring/glute area - almost like the musculature/tendons are re-aligning (My work days are spent between desk chair and driving to job-sites so hips get very tight).
Hoping someone may be able to contribute any anatomical insight or whether this has happened to anyone else. Waiting to see what tomorrow brings....
Thanks