This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Front Ankle Pain

Started by Eric Roberts 277658, June 20, 2017 · 4 Replies · 102 Views

Eric Roberts 277658

Hello,

During stretches where the front of my foot is placed against the wall or floor, it feels like the area around my navicular presses extremely hard into the surface. It is really uncomfortable. I know I have awful quad mobility and so it doesn't surprise me that the entire front my shin and foot is pressing into the wall or floor hard, but it feels like there's a little extra area sticking out in the front of the ankle. This is more prominent in my right than my left ankle.

Is this normal? Does it go away?

Are there better progressions for kneeling positions or up against the wall? I use a towel to alleviate some of the pressure but I also feel I need to have the pressure in the first place to get a stretch. For example, my quad in the wall stretch. What makes it also feel so awkward is that the father away from the wall I come to try to lower the progression the more it puts stress on my ankle and the knuckles and the toes typically feel (and somes do get) bruised. Any tips on progression on this would be really helpful.

Thanks!

- Eric

Alessandro Mainente

Hey ERic, you have tight tibialis anterior, so the pressure on its fascia leads to some pain. I would consider doing the Seiza stretch daily.

Eric Roberts 277658

Hi Alessandro,

Which seiza stretch or stretches do you recommed daily? All of them? Maybe just elevated?

If I do the seiza stretches is it recommended to do the calf raises as well like the beginning of the front split series?

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

FSSSE2 , you can do it every days, only this one.

Eric Roberts 277658

Great! Thanks, will do!