I'm trying a bunch of new things tonight. Body lever seems very hard for me. Does the 1 rep below even legit? Or am I piking too much at the bottom?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Jin Liu, June 20, 2017 · 12 Replies · 202 Views
I'm trying a bunch of new things tonight. Body lever seems very hard for me. Does the 1 rep below even legit? Or am I piking too much at the bottom?
Hi Jin,
Overall you are doing a nice job. As you pull out of your body lever you are picking up a small amount of pike. Try to avoid pulling up toes first. I like to think about leading with the hips while holding a strong PPT. Leading with the hips while squeezing my stomach to avoid arching helps me to keep a straight body line.
Thanks Jeffery! Is it normal to press down hard in the upper back area? I kinda felt the harder I press there, the more success rate I have. Leading by the hip will probably require me to press even harder in the upper back. Or am I just compensating by pressing down the upper back cuz my abs are not strong enough?
Hi @Jin Liu,
Awesome work. Yes it normal to press down hard on the upper back as you build strength. Another tip would be to lengthen the body as you lower down. As you pull up, make sure to what Jeffrey said.
Keep up the good work.
Weak abs are revealed by the inability to hold the posterior pelvic tilt so for now if you can hold it do not worry too much about that.
I prefer a neutral grip, you are using a sort of false grip.
49 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Weak abs are revealed by the inability to hold the posterior pelvic tilt so for now if you can hold it do not worry too much about that.
I prefer a neutral grip, you are using a sort of false grip.
That's what happens when false grip becomes a second nature (or 1st?), lol! Did not even realize...
Thank you coaches for all the tips! ![]()
Did 2! Lol! How do they look?
Hi @Jin Liu,
These are definitely much better. Keep working on it. ![]()
Question: should I keep the straight body as priority by reducing the range of motion, or keep the range of motion in the video below and work hard on straighten my body? I feel a slightly reduced the range of motion can get significantly easier. What range is good, or where my feet should lower to (while keep body straight) for mastery?
Complete range of motion and if necessary reduce the number of reps.
18 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Complete range of motion and if necessary reduce the number of reps.
Thanks Alessandro. Complete range of motion meaning feet all the way to the ground? The last 20 degree is the hardest.
..well...1 or 2 cm from the ground
I am on this one too, so I am enjoying the tips as well. Thank you, @Alessandro Mainente