This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC PE13 wide grip pull & iM

Started by Jin Liu, June 20, 2017 · 6 Replies · 91 Views

Jin Liu

How does the PE look? For the iM, I wasn't sure what to do exactly. Does it look correct? Thanks very much!

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Awesome job, Jin!

On your PE make sure you allow the shoulders to relax at the bottom of each rep ensuring a full dead hang.

Good work on your iM as well. You are picking up a small amount of elbow bend as you do this exercise. Keep your elbow straight and focus on the movement on the shoulder girdle.

Great work so far!

Jin Liu

My shoulders tend to rotated internally when I lower to a deadhang with wide grip. And I remember Alessandro mentioned somewhere that it's not good. So I tried to keep my shoulder externally rotated throughout the set, and that prevent me to go to a complete deadhang. Is there a way to do a complete deadhang with externally rotated shoulder (shoulder blades pushed down and out?)?

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Jin Liu said:

My shoulders tend to rotated internally when I lower to a deadhang with wide grip. And I remember Alessandro mentioned somewhere that it's not good. So I tried to keep my shoulder externally rotated throughout the set, and that prevent me to go to a complete deadhang. Is there a way to do a complete deadhang with externally rotated shoulder (shoulder blades pushed down and out?)?

Slow down the movement on the negative part with a controlled external rotation, the begin the rep with an external rotation and then pullup to the bar. the form it is good.

Jin Liu

How do these look? Are the shoulder positions ok?

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Jin Liu,

Solid! Nice work. :)

Alessandro Mainente

I like them.