This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE2 + iM

Started by Josh Earl, June 19, 2017 · 35 Replies · 468 Views

Josh Earl
5 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Good improvement, Josh! Keep working on getting a little bit more compression at the top of your reps. Also, be careful of the knees. You're super close, keep at it!

Thanks, Jeff--will do. Knees are improving from being diligent about locking them on other PEs and iMs. There's definitely both  a strength and mobility component to that for me, as well as just plain coordination. Still a ways to go yet. :)

Josh Earl

@Jeffrey Bittner @Alessandro Mainente Still plugging away on these:

It looks like my knees are still bending a bit, but if you look closely in the video you can see that my medialis is locked out pretty tight. Hopefully that'll improve with continued work on my stretching.

What else should I be focusing on with these? 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Josh,

Your straddle ups look good. As you go through the courses, try to make sure that you are training at the speed of the Follow Along video in preparation for more advanced progressions.

Josh Earl
6 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Your straddle ups look good. As you go through the courses, try to make sure that you are training at the speed of the Follow Along video in preparation for more advanced progressions.

Thanks, @Jeffrey Bittner!

To be clear, I do these with the follow-along videos during my workouts and I'm able to keep pace just fine. This video was taken after my core workout today, and I was really focusing on locking out my quads. 

Should I consider this form appropriate for mastery then?

I've just advanced to step 7, so I still have a few weeks of refinement before I'll be moving up. 

Josh Earl

@Jeffrey Bittner Also, here's the current status of my J-curls:

Are my J-curls at a point where I can consider moving up to MN/PE3 when I get to step 9 on my straddle-ups? (Should be mid- to late-January.)

Either way these will be staying in my warmup permanently, so I will continue to refine them.

Alessandro Mainente

Well I would consider the IM and PE as separated. This means that it is much more important to reach a standard in both before moving on the following elements rather than reaching a standard before moving on the following steps (set x reps).

Josh Earl
4 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Well I would consider the IM and PE as separated. This means that it is much more important to reach a standard in both before moving on the following elements rather than reaching a standard before moving on the following steps (set x reps).

That makes sense @Alessandro Mainente.

To rephrase my question, how close to mastery is my J-curl form?

Alessandro Mainente

the J- Curl it is ok on form, persist until you can show a 50% bodyweigth JC.

Josh Earl
54 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

the J- Curl it is ok on form, persist until you can show a 50% bodyweigth JC.

Thanks Alessandro, I plan to keep working these indefinitely!

Athanasios Rovos

@Josh Earl I have the exact same struggles itm so your post helped me a lot ! 
 Also what a sick home set up !! Can you please send me a link with your standing desk ?
Thank you!

Josh Earl

Glad that helped, @Athanasios Rovos! PM sent. :)