Relistened to Coach Sommer's discussion with Ferriss.
He mentioned he would not object to his pupils "doing" core every day.
Surely I shouldn't just keep clicking Core Mondays, daily?
Any suggestions of a hardcore program for Monday to Saturday?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Kenneth Tong, June 17, 2017 · 5 Replies · 312 Views
Relistened to Coach Sommer's discussion with Ferriss.
He mentioned he would not object to his pupils "doing" core every day.
Surely I shouldn't just keep clicking Core Mondays, daily?
Any suggestions of a hardcore program for Monday to Saturday?
HI Kenneth i think that foundation especially the Foundation 1 program hits the core enough with the current prescribed schedule and also it is pretty balanced, i do not find the necessity to do it more.
Considering the fact that all creatures use their core muscles in some way, everyday. Other than what is found in the Foundation course, core specific training in general can be done every day.
Just keep in mind: A) your core muscles are not just the lower back and your abdominal region. B) isometric contractions also develop your overall core strength.
core muscles are like any other skeletal-muscle. The rest you take is dependent on the amount of work and stress you put them through. if you are pushing your core hard every day you will be getting nowhere fast. Foundation 1 can crush the core pretty easily and is not something id want to train every day. if you are doing f4 how ever maybe you can do more core work as you will be a highly trained individual who probably wont be doing a lot of direct core exercises anyway.
Hi @Kenneth Tong,
I completely agree with Alex. Aiming for mastery for Core is a better goal than adding more days doing it. Refinement is very important. ![]()
Not sure if this is your issue or not. But I started F1 3 weeks ago. I started everything on the lowest level possible. Some workouts I've had to click "too easy and others "fine". But I find myself wanting more of a challenge throughout the week since the "too easy" wasn't enough. I just keep reminding myself that the next core workout might be so intense that once a week is fine. But getting to the point where I feel challenged enough has been slow going.
But that's the value of this program. Taking it slow, week by week. I tried F1 back in summer 2015 and gave up after 2.5 months. My mentality was different. I was obsessed with looking ahead and wanting to do more and more and more. Now I've slowed down, I'm taking more time, and I've added H1 and Stretch. How is it that I'm able to do more now than 2yrs ago? My attitude and my approach to training are much different. I'm okay with where I am now and no hurry to become a stud in 12 weeks.