This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Sharp pain in heel

Started by Tomas Johansson, June 17, 2017 · 2 Replies · 49 Views

Tomas Johansson

I get a sharp pain in the inside side of my heel and in a very small area when I stretch the calves and hamstring at the same time. Not as much when only stretching the calves.

It gets better temporary when I give it a good stretch but comes back quite quickly.

Don't remember hurting myself, I believe it might be some kind of overuse.

Any recommendations? Let it rest? Do the calves only stretching that seems to work ok?

Everett Carroll

Hi Tomas,

You nailed it. Rest until the issue has completely gone away and if at all possible, consult with a medical professional. Avoid any stretches or movements that irritate it at all. It very well could be overuse but that is impossible to tell with certainty over the forums. Hopefully it is quick to heal!

Tomas Johansson

Thanks, I will try to rest it and do some rolling the foot on a golf ball, seems tigh in the arc so  it may be related.