This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE7 Form Check

Started by Johan Tideland, June 17, 2017 · 15 Replies · 155 Views

Johan Tideland

Hi i just started this today, how is my form?

The PE feels pretty easy but I am not sure if I have my hips low enough in the transition.

On the im I feel like I can go lower but this was my first session on this so its hard to know where to start, and I thought its better to start off a bit easier.

PE

 

im front

 

im side

 

Thanks

Johan

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Johan Tideland,

Thanks for sharing your progress. As for the side to side squat, please avoid lifting your leg up. (0:12 and so on) Side to side should travel at the same level without lifting. It will get even better as you get better hip mobility. As for the inside squats, they look fine to me. I just think that the width apart in the first video is too narrow compared to video two thats why you can't get any lower. :)

Johan Tideland

Thanks for the feedback @Leo Trinidad, I will keep working on this:)

Johan Tideland

Hello

So if I understand this correctly the hips are not supposed to move anything up or down during the side to side squats? I find it quite amazing that it is such a difference in height of my hips between the end positions of the side to side squat, is this because I have poor middle split and pancake mobility?

is there anything extra I should focus on to get better at this other than just consistently do this and try to keep my hips down?

Here is from today

PE

 

im

 Thanks

Johan

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Johan,

Nice improvement. Both your PE and iM are looking good. Your PE will improve as you improve your hips flexibility. Keep working on keeping the gluts as low to the ground as possible during your transition.

On your iM you might want to scoot your feet a few centimeters further apart. You might find that it is more comfortable on the knees and hips.

Keep up the great work!

Johan Tideland

Thanks Jeffrey, I will try your suggestion on the im and I will keep working on this.

 

Johan Tideland

Hello

I just had a thought: could it help me improve my transition if I would incorporate a daily set of the frog stretch from the middle split stretch series?

Thanks

Johan

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Johan Tideland,

Yes you can incorporate a daily set of frog stretch with not the same intensity as your usual one. :) This will really help open the hips.

Johan Tideland

Here is an update of my current form, still have a fair bit to go. Its quite amazing how my hips just go upward even though Really try to push them down.

PE

im front

im side

Cheers 

Johan

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Johan Tideland,

Good job. Very nice improvement. :)

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Johan,

Nice work. Your iM looks solid. Before giving your the 'okay' to move on I would like to see your gluts a bit closer to the ground, especially during the transition. Other than that, things look good!

Johan Tideland

ok Jeffrey, I will keep working on this.

Johan Tideland

Hi 

One month has gone since my last update, progress is slow but I will get there eventually I hope.

How is it looking?

Cheers

Mikey Cunanan

Excellent job Johan!

Very smooth in the transition and nice range of motion. This looks like mastery quality for sure! 

Johan Tideland

Thanks Mikey!