This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PHS/PE6 getting ankle height

Started by Paul Wallbridge, June 17, 2017 · 6 Replies · 134 Views

Paul Wallbridge

Hi all, I just got Hs2 and ran through the initial progressions to see where to start. Everything is relatively easy up to PE5 - I could do 5x5r up to middle of shins. With relatively little effort.

i tried PE6 and couldn't get to ankles, so my question is:

am I better of keeping on PE5 and gradually increasing the height with 5x5r or should I lower the reps and do progression one of PE6 until such time as I can get my ankles up - Or both?

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Paul Wallbridge,

This will definitely get better as you get stronger in your Handstand One and also in Foundations specifically manna progressions. Yes try to keep refining your PE5 and the lower progressions. :)

Paul Wallbridge

Just for a check here are my PE2 and PE5 form checks. These are end of day post work out, so aren't as strong as they were during my actual sets earlier in the day.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Can you show please all the IM from 1 to 5?

Paul Wallbridge

Hi @Alessandro Mainente, unfortunately I don't have access to stall bars at the moment. I'm looking at alternative options to do the stall bar work on but our island is a bit scarce on options!

Kai Ewert

Manna work, pike flexibility and hanging leg raises will definitely help with these.

Just work on going up as far as you can (trying very hard to go past mid-shin) and if you keep up with some pike flexibility work these will come

 

Kai Ewert

PS but if you can't readily touch the floor with your palms while standing, you will have a very hard time with them since you will be fighting your own tightness as well as gravity...