Unpainful Popping in the Back of My Arm

Started by Elijah Hernandez, June 16, 2017 · 2 Replies · 2,036 Views

Elijah Hernandez

Hey, all.

When I perform push ups, I feel a sort of "popping" in the back of my right arm close to my elbow. I imagine this is just the slippage of a tendon out of a "groove" or over some sort of knot that's in my arm, but I want to see if there is some sort of stretch of pre-hab that may fix this issue. As stated in the title, this causes no pain or anything... it just doesn't feel right.

Thank you.

Eli

 

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Elijah,

As long as there is no pain associated with the popping it is okay. Popping is your body's way of adjusting to the new exercises you are introducing it to. Most likely it will go away as you get more comfortable with your push ups.

Tanya Hill

Could also be a caused from tightness in and around the shoulder girdle. Like Jeffrey mentioned, with time it should go away. Keep us posted.